Quadrajet Accelerator Pump Circuit
This can be caused by one of several things, including electrical system problems.
- Accelerator pump itself may be bad. The cup curled, or is damaged. Some chemicals added to the fuel, or left in the carburetor can cause this.
- Do a quick test of the accelerator pump circuit.
- The pump passage way to the main discharge may be plugged.
- Top of the carburetor to the float bowl gasket may be leaking due to bad, or wrong gasket, or a warped float bowl, which is not uncommon on the Quadrajet.
- Check the float level.
- Carburetor mounting bolts are loose.
Polish the pump well with crocus cloth, or 2000+ sand paper. Apply a couple of dabs of white lithium grease. Today's gas has little lubrication. A little grease will help.