The fuel bowl vent is used to vent the float bowl, otherwise a vacuum will result and excess fuel would be introduced into the bore.
- Warm up the engine to operating temperature.
- Adjust the idle to specification.
- Check the DC motor operation by opening the throttle from idle. The motor should extend.
- Release the throttle and the motor should retract when in contact with the throttle lever.
- Disconnect the idle speed motor in idle position.
- Turn the engine off.
- Open the throttle to the idle set position and measure the travel of the fuel bowl vent rod at point A. The distance measured is the travel of the vent rod from where there is not contact with the actuating lever to where the actuating lever moves the vent rod to the idle set position.
- The travel at point A should be .100 to .150 inches, or 2.54 to 3.81 mm.
- To adjust, bend the throttle actuation leverl at the notch.
- Reconnect the idle speed motor.