There is no conversion chart between carburetor numbers and idle mixture screws. To be sure you are getting the right screw, compare the size listed and the way the taper looks in the photo, to the original screw.
- Thread = 10-32
- Overall length = 1.075"
- Shaft = .9200"
AMONG OTHERS MAY FIT:
- Carter YF, YFA
- Rochester B, BC
- Carter UT
- Adjusting the Idle Mixture Screws:
- The idle mixture screws only affects idle. They simply control the amount of fuel and air mixture that is delivered at idle.
- First run the screws in all the way until they seat, lightly. Too hard and you will damage the screw. Now back the screw out until the specified rpm is achieved. Turning the idle mixture screws clockwise (in) leans the idle mixture. Turning the idle mixture screws counter clockwise (out) richens the mixture.
- Turn the mixture screws, alternating between the two in 1/4 turn at a time until the engine rpm starts to drop, then turn them back out 1/4 of a turn.
- When adjusting your idle mixture screws doesn't seem to change the engine rpm much is an indication that there is something wrong and could be an indication of a needed rebuild.
REPLACES OE: 30A-44, 30A-51
2054S, 2054SA, 2149S, 2149SA, 2217S, 2217SA, 2222S, 2222SA, 2223S, 2223SA, 2230S, 2230SA, 2257S, 2257SA, 2336S, 2336SA, 2337S, 2337SA, 2338S, 2338SA, 2402S, 2402SA, 2418S, 2418SA, 2438S, 2438A, 2612S, 2612SA, 2701S, 2701SA, 2702S, 2702SA, 2703S, 2703SA, 2704S, 2704SA, 2705S, 2706S, 2709S, 2712S, 2713S, 2714S, 2726S, 2726SA, 2727S, 2727SA, 2728S, 2729S, 733S, 733SA, 733SB, 734S, 771S, 771SA, 771SB, 795S, 800S, 800SA, 801S, 801SA, 802S, 802SA, 803S, 803SA, 810S, 810SA, 852S, 923S, 923SA, 925S, 925SA, 997S, 997SA
Select a row below to filter reviews.
4 Stars Clear Filter ×
I installed this in a Carter carb. on a 1972 Ford Maverick, and it fit the carb. perfectly. The car runs fine now.
Most of the items sent were not correct parts. I had to use many of the old parts- cleaned up. The float was not correct. The idle mixture screw was not correct. Maybe I should have purchased the other kit you had.
Great parts selection
I discovered Mikes Carburetor via Youtube videos. The parts I ordered were high quality and exact fit. It is nice to order individual carb parts instead of buying the whole kit.
old car guy
Really good quality. No burrs, nicks, needle angle perfect. 60 year old carburetor and fit's and adjusts perfectly ! Could not be happier !
Great quality, fast shipping, fair price. Couldn't be more satisfied. Fast response to tech. question on part.
Great products and customer service!
Quality screw that fit well and seals as it should