There is no conversion chart between carburetor numbers and idle mixture screws. To be sure you are getting the right screw, compare the size listed and the way the taper looks in the photo, to the original screw.
- Thread = 10-32
- Overall length = 1.16"
- Shaft = .99"
- Adjusting the Idle Mixture Screws:
- The idle mixture screws only affects idle. They simply control the amount of fuel and air mixture that is delivered at idle.
- First run the screws in all the way until they seat, lightly. Too hard and you will damage the screw. Now back the screw out until the specified rpm is achieved. Turning the idle mixture screws clockwise (in) leans the idle mixture. Turning the idle mixture screws counter clockwise (out) richens the mixture.
- Turn the mixture screws, alternating between the two in 1/4 turn at a time until the engine rpm starts to drop, then turn them back out 1/4 of a turn.
- When adjusting your idle mixture screws doesn't seem to change the engine rpm much is an indication that there is something wrong and could be an indication of a needed rebuild.
REPLACES OE: 7004597
Select a row below to filter reviews.
4 Stars Clear Filter ×
Title of what?
Exactly what I needed to repair a Chinese-made Rochester knockoff. Thanks to the fantastic packing job of the eBay seller, the mixture adjustment screw was snapped off in shipping. It was cheaper and easier to order a new one from Mike's than deal with the seller. I'll be back should I ever need more carb parts :)